Big players always want to play in the big games – and City is definitely one of these. And I would say Ozil is in very good shape at the moment, physically and mentally.”
Here are a few key stats ahead of Manchester City vs Arsenal :
- Manchester City have only won one of their last nine matches against Arsenal in all competitions (D4 L4), and that too having won in the very same fixture last time around.
- Arsenal’s 2-0 victory at the Etihad in January 2015 is to date the Gunners’ only away Premier League victory against the so called top six teams since 2014/15 season (D7 L9).
- Manchester City have so far won all 9 of their League games in which they’ve led in this season, while Arsenal have won the most games (3) and points (9) from a losing positions so far this season.
- The Gunners have won only 17 of the 45 away points in 2017, winning 5, drawing 2 and losing 8 of their 15 games on the road.
- Pep Guardiola has won four of his five home meetings with Arsene Wenger in all competitions (D1).