Manchester United vs Chelsea Confirmed Line Ups and Team news
Manchester United will travel to Stamford Bridge to take on old foes Chelsea ahead of renewing the Mourinho vs Conte feud for the first time this season.
Chelsea have dropped somewhat off the pace in the Premier League title race and are also struggling in Europe.
United meanwhile are looking to carry on their momentum after defeating spurs last time around in their bid to keep pressure on league leaders Manchester City.
Mourinho gave his pre-match press conference a day earlier than usual due to his court hearing in Spain which means basically there was no concrete injury news as he didn have enough time to assess his injured players ahead of the match.
Some Key Opta Stats ahead of Chelsea vs Manchester United :
- Chelsea have lost just one of their last 15 home League games against Manchester United (W9 D5), with that defeat coming in Alex Ferguson’s final season (2-3 in October 2012).
- Manchester United’s 2-0 victory in their last meeting with Chelsea ended a run of 12 games without a win against them in all competitions. They last won back-to-back meetings with the Blues in September 2011.
- Under Jose Mourinho, Manchester United have lost five of their eight away Premier League games immediately after playing in Europe (W3), including their last three against Arsenal and Spurs in May and Huddersfield last month.
- Antonio Conte has won 112 points as Chelsea manager in his 48 Premier League games in charge, 11 points fewer than Jose Mourinho had at this point of his Chelsea managerial career (123). Mourinho lost just one of his first 48 Premier League games in charge of the club (W38 D9 L1), but Conte has already lost eight times (W36 D4 L8).
- During their three Premier League games during October, Manchester United had an xG total of just 1.78 but have allowed their opponents to post a cumulative xG total of 3.87 – meaning they have allowed their opponents more than double the chance quality they that have created themselves.
- 21% of the total Premier League goals scored in the final 10 minutes of games this season (10/47) have been netted by Manchester United.
- Manchester United substitutes have scored seven goals and assisted four more (both league-high’s) this season so far – Anthony Martial has provided six of these 11 substitute goal involvements (four goals, two assists); more than any other player.
Here is the Confirmed Line Up ahead of the Manchester United vs Chelsea clash :
Follow El Arte Del Futbol
for Detailed analysis and excellent reading about Manchester United