These days if a player looks to move to a beleaguered and underachieving Arsenal, they are taken for an intense therapy session to discover why and what can be done to dissuade them. It appears or so I’m told that Ben White could soon be posing for photographs in an Arsenal shirt having expressed his desire to leave his South Coast base at Brighton for the glitz of North London.
According to Sky Sports, Arsenal submitted an initial bid of £40m for Ben White but Brighton have rejected the offer. However, talks are still ongoing between the two clubs, and the Gunners are expected to go back with an improved offer for the English defender.
BREAKING: Brighton have rejected a £40m bid from Arsenal for defender Ben White.
— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) June 16, 2021
The player, who many believe will make a huge difference to Arsenal’s defence, is said to be extremely keen to fill the void at the Emirates and a deal could be concluded soon if both clubs agree on a fee and payment methods. White is, and don’t shoot me for saying this, emerging as one of the most naturally-gifted defenders I’ve seen for some time with a huge heart and desire which is very reminiscent of a young Tony Adam’s in many respects.
He has a wonderful radar that allows him to process the danger, pick up a decent position and eliminate the threat, something which Arsenal fans haven’t seen since the days of George Graham’s back four or when Campbell took up residency with Toure at the heart of Arsene Wenger’s remodelled defence.
- Arsenal Linked to €35 million Serie A Star; Is he the Ideal Granit Xhaka Replacement for Arsenal?
- In Danger of Becoming a Second Tier club; Arsenal’s Fate Rests in Their Own Hands now
- Is Kieran Tierney Also Another Injury Prone Arsenal Purchase Destined to be a Tragic Love Affair
Of course, the price is the overwhelming problem, how it’s going to be paid and when. Graham Potter will be looking to ease the pressure on Brighton next season by securing the services of at least two or three players and that’s not going to be cheap.
If Edu can close this particular deal and Saliba returns to join Gabriel, Arsenal may well have something interesting at their fingertips.
For more Arsenal Transfer Updates, follow ArseDevils.
- Pessimism Reaches New Levels For Arsenal Supporters : You’ve Got to Laugh at a Section of Arsenal Fans. - 27/06/2021
- Edu Needs to go All Out to Sign This €50m ‘Henryesque’ Midfield Target For Arsenal - 26/06/2021
- Three Major Signings Expected Within a Week; Arsenal Preparing For Major Changes to the Squad - 22/06/2021