Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has identified Stade Rennais midfielder Eduardo Camavinga as a dream signing this summer. However, any deal for the 18-year-old looks unlikely for the Gunners due to competition and the price tag, which is believed to be around a whopping £50-60 million.
Even though the young midfielder has a year left on his current deal at Roazhon Park, Rennes are still in a good position due to the number of outfits who are willing to splash the cash on the Frenchman.
Acquiring Camavinga’s services is a priority but landing him won’t be easy
Arsenal have reportedly made Rennes midfielder Eduardo Camavinga their number one transfer target this summer.
— Bolarinwa Olajide (@iambolar) June 26, 2021
European heavyweights such as Real Madrid, Juventus, and Paris Saint-Germain have all been credited to hold an interest for one of Europe’s most highly-rated teenagers. Thus, Mikel Arteta and technical director Edu will have an uphill battle to land Camavinga.
At the age of 18, he has already made an astonishing 82 appearances for Stade Rennais FC, which is telling of his immense talent. The French midfielder possesses a delightful array of skills, he can rescue the ball from the opposition’s attackers and dribble through a set of outstretched defenders with equal ease.
Camavinga made it to France’s Olympics squad with Arsenal’s William Saliba
William Saliba is in the France squad for the Olympics in Tokyo.
It means he’s likely to miss the start of the season with the games being held from July 21 to August 7. pic.twitter.com/QkFKLQCPfr
— Chris Wheatley (@ChrisWheatley_) June 25, 2021
It has been reported by several reliable journalists that Arsenal will undergo a ‘half-revolution’ due to two underwhelming league campaigns. The wheels are already starting to move with moves for Brighton’s Ben White and Anderlecht’s Albert Sambi Lokonga close.
But ruling the North London side completely out of the race for Camavinga’s signature isn’t clever. Arsenal are one of the few clubs across Europe that can raise an enormous amount of cash reserve through player sales.
- Edu Needs to go all out to Sign This €50m ‘Henryesque’ Midfield Target for Arsenal
- Arsenal’s First Signing Edging Closer to Completion; £50 million English International Transfer to be Announced After Euro 2020
- Arsenal Interested in £40m Premier League Striker; Is he the Ideal Striker for Mikel Arteta’s Team
Alexander Lacazette, Eddie Nketiah, Matteo Guendouzi, Granit Xhaka, Hector Bellerin, Mohamed Elneny, Willian, Reiss Nelson, Joe Willock, and Ainsley Maitland-Niles have all been linked with moves away from Emirates.
Arsenal already have Real Sociedad’s Alexander Isak and Leicester’s James Maddison on their radar. Thus, it feels like Rennes’ Camavinga would not be too far from Arsenal’s sights, as people might think it is.
Follow ArseDevils for the transfer updates on Arsenal.
- Arsenal Identify £50m Midfielder as The Third Key Transfer Target After Ben White and Sambi Lokonga - 27/06/2021
- Arsenal Confirm New Long-Term Contract Extension for Kieran Tierney; Mikel Arteta Outlines His Key Belief About The Player - 26/06/2021
- Arsenal’s First Signing Edging Closer to Completion; £50 million English International Transfer to be Announced After Euro 2020 - 25/06/2021