The Europa League Final will be played at the Olympic Stadium in Baku, Azerbaijan on 29 May 2019, between English sides Chelsea and Arsenal, making the final a London derby. Both the teams, have had a good season this time around with Arsenal finishing 5th below Spurs and Chelsea finishing 3rd but many players from both the side will be on the sidelines due to injury.
— UEFA Europa League (@EuropaLeague) May 29, 2019
Chelsea having already qualified for the Champions League for next season can finish the season with a Bang by getting their Hands on the Europe’s 2nd most Coveted Trophy. While, Arsenal can qualify for the Champions League only by winning the Europa League and Emery has an upper hand having already won the Trophy on past 3 occassions with Sevilla FC.
The only thing that is casting a dark shadow on the Final is the number of Injury absentees and doubts for both the teams.
- Ramsey, who was ruled out for the season courtesy of a Hamstring Injury.
- Denis Suarez out with a groin Injury.
- Rob Holding out with a knee injury.
- Hector Bellerin, who had ruptured his Anterior Cruciate Ligament and was ruled out for 6-8 months.
- Mkhitaryan, who was kept out of the squad for Security Reasons.
Bellerin and Ramsey have travelled to Baku to support Arsenal in their quest for Europa glory.
— LTArsenal™ (@ltarsenal) May 27, 2019
- Danny Welbeck. The striker has been sidelined since last year after suffering the injury, but in recent weeks he’s returned to light training and looks well physically. Still, It is highly unlikely that Emery would include a player who is not 100% fit.
- Rudiger, who has been out for while now is not expected to play again this season with Christensen set to start alongside David Luiz.
- Ampadu is out with a back Injury.
- Both Callum Hudson-Odoi and Loftus Cheek having Ruptured their Achilles are set to have a lengthy Spell on the sidelines.
- Cahill is mostly out with Achilles Injury.
- Kante, The French international missed Chelsea’s previous two games with a hamstring injury but returned to training last week and Sarri was confident he would be fit for the club’s season-ending showpiece in the Azerbaijan capital but sustaining a knee injury in training has made him a doubt for the final.
N’Golo Kanté set to miss Europa League final with knee injury.
Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi and Rudiger all out of Arsenal game. pic.twitter.com/6dHMPwqyJ6
— ARSENAL (@tomgunner14) May 26, 2019
Despite the Absentees, this final doesn’t surprise to be a cracking match with both sides neck to neck going into the tie. We expect this final to be nothing short of excitement and in the end, agony for one of the team. While some players wont be able to contribute due to injuries, many fans of both the clubs could not make it to Baku due to the exorbitant prices and various security reasons.
Both the clubs returned almost half of the unsold tickets allocated to them altogether because of the shortage of direct flights from London to Baku, ultimately increasing the cost of such flights, ranging over 1000 pounds with the accommodation.
KICK OFF TIME – 00:30 IST 30th May 2019
CHANNEL – Sony Ten 2/HD , Sony Ten 1/HD