According to an exclusive report by 90min, Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke is preparing a war chest of an astonishing £250m for Arsenal in the current transfer window. Since the Kroenkes purchased Arsenal in 2007, the club has only headed in one direction. But it is now reported that they are willing to offer money from their pocket to aid a squad overhaul.
The starting point of the distrust among the Arsenal faithful towards the owners was when the club finished outside the Champions League places in 2017, for the first time in 20 years. It looked like the seeds of under-performance were sown that summer.
They went on to finish outside the top four for the next three years. However, the level of trust between the supporters and owners reached a new stage when the Gunners missed out on Europe altogether last season. That means the Red and White of London will be without any continental football for the first time in 25 years.
Their dismal Premier League campaign combined with the European Super League plans seemed like a final nail on the coffin. Arsenal fans have been patient for too long. Several fans all over the globe came out on social media handles to protest against the owners.
On April 20th, one day after Arsenal confirmed that they were “one of the founding clubs” in the ESL, the hashtag of Kroenke Out trended all over the globe. The supporters based in England protested in the very next home game against Everton, which showed the intensity of the outcry.
Not tweeting much recently, but it’s still #kroenkeout every day
— Rory🔴⚪️🏴 (@ArmchairGooner_) June 17, 2021
But it appears like the pressure that the Arsenal faithful have put on the owners have forced their hands into their heavy pocket. According to the 90min report, Kroenke Sports and Entertainment will back Arsenal technical director Edu and manager Mikel Arteta in transforming the current squad at their disposal in the summer transfer window.
- Arsenal Considering a Bid for £50 million Midfield Target who Might be Available on a Cut-price Deal
- Odegaard for Smith Rowe? Real Madrid Will Need to do a lot More to Convince Arsenal to let go of ESR
- Arsenal Interested in £60m Creative Midfielder; Could he be the New Ramsey?
It is believed that the proprietors want to see the club spend money on young players, who will retain a sell-on value. But spending £250m on a single transfer window is unheard of, even in the richest clubs of the world. The simple question would be: How can Arsenal pull it off then?
Spending big doesn’t guarantee success. Being smart in the window does. Thus, putting the right people and structures inside the club will be as important as signing better players.
- Arsenal Lining up a £30m Bid For England International; Two Bids Rejected Already and Third Incoming - 22/07/2021
- Arsenal Interested in £25 million-rated Premier League Star; Could be The Next Addition After Ben White - 21/07/2021
- Arsenal Set for a £100 million Spending Spree With French Midfielder Next in Line After Ben White - 20/07/2021