You are here
Home > Manchester United > Manchested United Featured News > Statistical Analysis Of Manchester United’s Brilliant Win Against Cardiff City

Statistical Analysis Of Manchester United’s Brilliant Win Against Cardiff City

Cardiff City

Manchester United cruised past Cardiff City as Caretaker Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took charge of his game for United the former United attacker saw his side got off to an impressive stat despite playing away from.

They hit 5 (goals) past Neil Warnock’s men as revival beckons this season for Manchester United. Goals from Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial set the tone for an impressive win at Cardiff City as we continue to follow Solskjaer’s progress at Old Trafford.

One this note, we evaluate the match statistics as United sink Cardiff City in front of their fans.

Full statistics

Shots on target

Cardiff City Manchester United
3 9

The match was a frenetic encounter as both sides got along in the course of the match. United hit 5 with Lingard on the Penalty spot as they seal their highest win since the exit of legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson. That’s why United had 9 shots on target as compared to Cardiff’s 3 shot in the match.

Shots off target

Cardiff City Manchester United
5 4

Cardiff City was more prominent here as they missed a couple of chances to get a holds the game. United hit top gear with right attitude as they made the most of their chances off led their 4 shot which went wide away from goal. Marcus Rashford misses from close range during the second hats.


Cardiff City Manchester United
26 % 74 %

It’s impressive to see United dominate possession like they did against Cardiff city to claim the big win.Paul Pogba was superb while Ander Herrera was exemplary as he coordinated proceedings from the midfield along French star Pogba. This saw Solskjaer’s men controlled 74% of the all leaving Bluebirds with only 26% in the match.


Cardiff City Manchester United
4 7

Manchester United renew attacking strength was asking series of questions against the home side as they put them under pressure. This was evident as United had 7 corner-kicks compared to Cardiff’s 4 corners in the game. This is due to the hosts’ limited possession as United controlled the match forward an impressive 5-1 away win against Bluebirds.


Cardiff City Manchester United
3 0

Manchester United had no offside call as they got the desired result even before the break. This made them avoid offside call as they were well placed to finish up a free flowing as Anthony Martial scored to restore United two goal advantage. Cardiff’s hustle and harry ensured they got caught up in offside position thrice as they were thorn a part at home.


Cardiff City Manchester United
12 12

The match ensured a high level of competitiveness as both clubs square off in the last match of the day (On Saturday). This got United committing 12 fouls the same as Cardiff. This was as a result of physical challenges that took place on the pitch between both sides Cardiff and Manchester United.

Manchester United now face Huddersfield Town in the Premier League in what would be a mid-week match day game.

Obiweluozo Martins
A professional sportswriter who combs around the world for football matches. I follow the major leagues in Europe and of course the Champions League. I'm also a lover of International football as well as watching the beautiful game from all around the world with an eye on the youth game.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.