The Emirates Stadium is a fortress of football passion and is considered the beating heart of Arsenal fans worldwide. The stadium offers an electrifying atmosphere that is known to be second to none within the sport of football. Whether you are a die-hard Gooner fan or a new one, the thrill of watching this great team play in their home ground is an experience that you do not want to miss out on. The guide will discuss how you can obtain tickets to games played at the stadium with some tips on how to secure the best ones.
Emirates and Arsenal tickets come in multiple forms, and each type caters to different needs and preferences. Some of the types of ticket include:
- Season tickets for example give you access to all home league games and they are highly sought after. Expect a long waiting list (up to multiple years) to secure season tickets
- Individual match tickets, which are more readily available and a good option for those looking to attend a specific match
- Hospitality packages for those looking for a more luxurious experience, which offer premier seating and exclusive perks
Arsenal tickets typically go on sale approx. 6 to 8 weeks before the match data, so planning ahead is crucial if you hope to secure some decent seats for the big game.
Step-by-Step Guide to Buying Arsenal Tickets
- Creating an Arsenal Account – Your first step should be setting up an account on the official Arsenal website. This account will be your gateway to accessing ticket sales directly from the club and is a must-have for any aspiring ticket holder.
- Joining The Membership Scheme – Next, to increase your chances of securing tickets, think about joining Arsenal’s membership scheme. The available options range from ‘Red’ to ‘Platinum’ memberships, each offering varying levels of ticket access and for different prices. Red members usually get priority access to about 3,500 tickets reserved for each game, while higher tiers provide even earlier access which could mean you have more luck purchasing one of them.
- Purchasing Tickets as a Non-Member – Even if you’re not a member you can still get tickets every now and then, just keep an eye on the Ticket Exchange and/or the club’s official website more generally for general sale tickets. They are released if/when any tickets remain after the initial member sales (which is pretty rare).
- Using Reseller Marketplaces – For those who can’t secure tickets through official channels, reseller marketplaces can be a viable option. Websites like Ticketgum.com may list tickets which belong to season ticket holders who are unable to attend a particular game. Prices will often be higher than those sold by the official club since these platforms offer a last-minute opportunity to catch the game.
Making Sense of Arsenal Ticket Pricing
The price of tickets at The Emirates varies based on the games category (A, B, or C), and Category A tends to be the most expensive. These categories usually reflect the prominence and popularity of the teams playing against each other. Ticket prices will also differ depending on the location of the seats within the stadium. Keep in mind that special discounts are available for certain groups, like juniors and senior fans, so do check the website you’re shopping on to see if you can find any discounts which might be relevant to you.
Additional Things to Consider
Most people want to attend games with their friends and family, and while group bookings can be made these are subject to availability. You will likely find securing 2 or more tickets even harder than securing 1, so keep this in mind when planning your day.
If you have any accessibility needs do know that Arsenal does provide some accessibility tickets which include dedicated staff on hand to help fans with disabilities.
The timing of when you try to buy your Arsenal tickets is crucial to ensure success. Be ready to buy your tickets as soon as they go on sale and act decisively if you get the option to purchase some.
High-demand games sell out fast and weeks in advance, so plan well in advance and keep a close eye on the Arsenal website and the websites of trusted secondary marketplaces.
The Arsenal website and/or app actually has a useful feature where you can set up notifications to keep on top of club announcements including those related to ticket sales, which can give you a small advantage over everyone else trying to buy the same tickets without such notifications enabled.
Watching Arsenal play live and The Emirates will be a highlight in your football journey, and it really is like being part of a community all united by a strong passion and pride for the team. Make sure you stay informed of the latest Arsenal and ticket news by not only checking the clubs website regularly, but by following them across the key social media channels too. Good luck securing your tickets!
How far in advance can I purchase Arsenal tickets?
Arsenal tickets usually go on sale 6 to 8 weeks before match day. You should check Arsenal’s website often to get the most up-to-date information on ticket releases and availability.
Do I need to be a member to buy Arsenal tickets?
Being a member, whether you are a Red, Silver, Gold or Platinum one, does give you priority access to available tickets. Being a member will certainly help you secure tickets more frequently, however there are some tickets made available to non-members too but only after priority members have been given the option to buy them. The Ticket Exchange is another option for non-members, as are secondary marketplaces.
What is the Arsenal Ticket Exchange?
The Ticket Exchange is a platform for season ticket holders not able to attend a given game to sell their seats/tickets to another Arsenal member. This is a safe and reliable way to buy tickets from other fans.
Can I buy tickets from reseller marketplaces?
Yes, you do have this option. Arsenal tickets can be bought from trusted reseller marketplaces, although prices may be higher and you should verify the reputation of the company that you are dealing with to ensure that you are buying from a trusted brand.
Can I transfer my ticket if I can’t attend the game?
Yes, usually if you’re unable to attend a game you can transfer your ticket to a family member and/or friend. This is usually done through the Arsenal website or app.
Do I need to carry any ID to the stadium?
You are recommended to bring some form of photo ID with you to the stadium. Occasionally staff will conduct spot checks and having this will help them quickly verify your identify and confirm that you are the genuine ticket owner.